- MIS is a TLA that can stand for:* Management Information Systems* Mercalli Intensity Scale of earthquakes* Minimally invasive surgery* Michigan International Speedway* Mississippi Central Railroad * Metal-Insulator Semiconductor
- Teddy Bear is the English title of Miś, a 1980 Polish film directed by Stanisław Bareja.
- Management information system.
- Produced by the Sertoli cells, and inhibits Mullerian duct formation
- Management Information Systems.
- Major Investment Study
- Mandated by federal law, a Major Investment Study (MIS) is a study that examines transportation improvements for a corridor and determines the feasible alternatives. It allows local officials and citizens to participate in the planning process and helps to make sure all alternatives are carefully considered. COTA submitted its first MIS for the NCLRT Project in 1995.
- A general term for the computer systems in an organisation hat provide information about its business operations. It's also used to refer to the people who manage these systems. Typically, in a large corporation, "MIS" or the "MIS department" refers to a central or centrally-coordinated system of computer expertise and management, often including mainframe systems but also including by extension the corporation's entire network of computer resources.
- Major Investment Study A study that reviews and evaluates a range of alternatives for proposed transportation improvements in a corridor or subarea.
- detailed study and assessment of the various options available for the purpose of selecting one for implementation.
- A wildlife species whose population will indicate the health of the ecosystem in which it lives and, consequently, the effects of forest management activities to that ecosystem. MIS species are selected by land management agencies. (See "indicator species".)
- 1. An organized approach to gathering data from inside and outside the company and processing it by computer to produce current, accurate, and informative reports for decision makers; 2. A system that provides management with needed information on a regular basis.
- An indicator species designated in the Carson National Forest Plan to represent other groups of species.
- database developed by APACS to record and analyse data from UK payments industry. manual reversal: reversal of a transaction effected by manual entry of data and often off line processing.
- "Management of Information Services" MIS is the designation for the field of computer solutions internal to an organisation. An MIS department is typically responsible for administering the computer hardware, software, and networking within a company or group.
- This stands for Management Information Systems, and is really just another name for data processing.
- Information systems designed for structured flow of information and integrating EDP jobs by business functions and generating reports from a database.
- A computer system that presents high level summary information that assists management decision making.
- Management information systems that are associated with ACD systems can provide information about calls, agents and agent groups. This information is used for preparation of statistical reports. The MIS also has current information, eg number of calls on the queue, which agents are in wrap-up time or the total number of calls answered in that day.
- Mortgage Information System.
- marketing information system; the formalised collection, sorting, analysis, evaluation, storage and distribution of marketing data.
- This is the computer mainframe used for company transactions.
- Management Information Systems. Systems that capture the essence of management controls through concise formats.